Friday, October 24, 2008

Final wishes~whew, this is a tough one.

10-27-2008:UPDATE! Well, I wrote up my Final Wishes. The really hard part was the first time I wrote the "D" word. Once I had written "at the time of my death", I found it was much easier to write die, dead, death (though it gives me a tiny shiver now). One good thing about this, other than making things easier for whoever has to deal with the dead me, is that I am in the process of getting together important papers, the savings bonds I buy for my granddaughter, things along those lines, and to put all of this in one place that my son & my sister know about. I have to embellish the letter & envelope, and then I can seal it and put it away.

Michelle Ward's Crusade No.24 at GPP Street Team is a tough one. This Crusade asks that each person write her Final Wishes and leave it in an envelope for someone to find after she's gone. Can I do this? Well, of course I can, and I can see how it would help in a very emotional time. The decisions will probably have to be made by my son, and finding my letter describing my wishes (Final wishes) may help. This is one of my tasks for this weekend.

5 comments:

Donna Gotlib said...

you are right...this is a tough one...

michelle ward said...

Joanie - bravo to you girl! I know it's not an easy thing to do, but even getting started is a good thing. Some of us don't have any idea 'where' our loved ones want to go, and maybe they don't know themselves. It's an important conversation to start so thanks for sharing with your readers, and the team, that you took on the "D" word.

Sarah E. said...

I like your blog, and admire you for undertaking the "Final Wishes" challenge. My ex used to live in North Beach, it's quite a pretty town. I thoroughly enjoyed my visits there when I was in Maryland (MANY years ago!!), and I know you must be happy there as well.

Mescrap said...

Ya..this is tough one but important one.

Ursula Clamer said...

Well done for getting things organised, I am sure it will be much appreciated when the time comes.