Monday, February 2, 2009

Update to the hearts: the flowered heart is an old shirt! I did not embroider it.








These are the journal pages for the last Calendar Journal I worked on for 2008. Sandy had chosen a wall calendar and it was so different (to me) from the other book-type journals that I was frozen in terms of how to handle the journaling. Sometimes it doesn't take much to rattle me. So I decided to use fabric and then use utility tags for significant dates. The journaling is in the beading. A bead represents each day of the month, and there are paydays and weekends and birthdays, etc. what do you think? It's different if nothing else. Happy days.

5 comments:

hens teeth said...

Joanie, thank you so much for your kindness. I really appreciate it very much.

I have never seen anything like your journal. Very interesting and such a different take! I love what you have done....very inspiring.

Margaret said...

Joanie these are gorgeous, I clicked on them to see the detail, just fab, love the tags, such a great idea

Margarita Korioth said...

Whimsical pages, love the tags!
hugs from Florida

Joanie Hoffman said...

Oh, these were pages of desparetion! But in the end I kind of like them.
Thanks for the kind comments!

Kristin said...

These are beautiful hearts! I love that you recycled an old shirt into a heart! I save t-shirts and some of my kid's clothing to cut up and use in something....someday.....I'm a pack-rat! Oh yeah, and I'm also a fabric hoarder! Ever check out a blog called Cicada Daydream? Beautiful fabrics!