Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Alice & Camilla inspired me: my June dress.

Margaret of Alice and Camilla has a Project 2010 and she has made tiny little dresses ( and a wardrobe with tiny hangers to store her dresses).
So being a closet girly-girl I decided to join in. This is my June dress. I decided to make these dresses so that they can be framed (haven't decided if each will be individually framed or if it will be a group thing). When they are all done, it will be a present for my granddaughter, Lindsey.

12 comments:

Jazz said...

That is so cute.

Karin Bartimole said...

Really adorable! I loved zooming in to see the stitching and textures of the petaled skirt. This will be a treasured collection for your granddaughter, i'm sure.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That skirt is amazing. Your stitching is incredible. I'm so glad that Margaret inspired you and can't wait to see the next installation. Love how you are displaying yours. I bet your granddaughter will cherish these forever.

Unknown said...

Beautiful !

Joanie Hoffman said...

Jazz, Karin, B&E, & Annar, thanks for the kind comments! Come back soon to see July.
Happy days,
Joanie

~*~Patty said...

Your dress is really lovely, the closeup is great!
Brilliant idea to create dresses that can be framed too, such a special thing for your dear granddaughter.

Joanie Hoffman said...

Thank you, Patty!
Now I'm trying to catch up on January through May!

Electra said...

It's magical! So much lovely detail!

Margaret said...

Your June dress is very pretty Joanie! I'm so pleased you decided to play along! Margaret

Joanie Hoffman said...

Thank you, Electra & Margaret!
Margaret, I am so glad I did decide to join in.

Gini said...

Beautiful dress and I love the way you have displayed it!
Gini
xx

Joanie Hoffman said...

Thank you, Gini! Wish me luck catching up on the first 5 months!
Please...